OWN YOUR STORY. OWN YOUR LIFE.
WRITER, COACH, LEADER
Allison Owen is an inspirational writer, engineer, transformational life coach, and warrior. She is a survivor of trauma who learned to own her story and now lives a life full of love, joy, and ease. At age 22, she was a victim of an acquaintance rape, which she tried to deny and ignore for years. In running from it, she found holes in her self-worth, which she tried to fill with external accomplishments. She finally came to a breaking point after "achieving" everything she set out to do, only to realize, success isn't what she's after- she wants fulfillment, love, ease, and happiness.
So she looked inward and owned the story that has unconsciously defined her for years. In owning and vulnerably sharing her story, she began to heal. What happened to her became just that- a story- and no longer a testament to her worth.
Now she teaches and coaches women to own their stories and step into lives of peace, love, fulfillment, and ease.
Is her work for you?
Her work is for you if you are finally ready to let go of the pain of your past.
Her work is for you if you are at a crossroads in your life, wondering where to turn next.
Her work is for you if you are feeling purposeless and unhappy, and ready to make a change.
Her work is for you if you ever feel unworthy of unconditional love, whether in a friendship, in a relationship, or with yourself.
If that sounds like you, she's here to help.
Sometimes, her work looks like seeing clients one-on-one via Skype or in person for transformational life coaching sessions.
Other times, it's writing, such as on her blog or on one of her notoriously long Instagram captions.
When she's not doing any of the above, she's mentoring high school women in her community, planning the next travel adventure with her husband, walking her rescue pup Lucy, or doing yoga in her pajamas on her living room floor.
Now that you know more about who she is and what she can do, you can:
PS. Apart from living the most fulfilled, happy life she's ever lived, she's also done some badass stuff along the way:
- B.S. Mathematics, University of Texas at Austin, 2012
- Certified secondary school teacher in the state of Texas, 2012
- Taught English to children in Chile, 2012
- M.S. Engineering, University of Southern California, 2014
- Reached the summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro, tallest mountain in Africa, 2014
- Finisher in the Nike Women's Half Marathon, San Francisco, 2014
- Galloped horses next to giraffes the plains of Botswana, 2014
- Reached the summit of Mt. Whitney, tallest mountain in the lower-48, 2016
- Bought her first house at age 26 and began investing in real estate, 2016
- Visited her sixth continent (only missing Antarctica), 2016
- Began her Yoga Teacher Training, 2017
- Received her Real Estate Agent's license in the State of California, 2017
- Started a health foods company with her husband, 2017